From Mac Software Business podcast “MacSB (001): Getting Started as a Mac Indie Developer”
- Copy: Adding features write description for later cut and paste
- Payment processing: paypal, ecellerate
- Sparkle (updates)
- Forums, email lists
- Help book
- Support hours
- Bug database (omni-outliner, trac, fogbug)
- Lost registration codes
- Source control
- Experimenting in code base to be shipped (one proj in Xcode)
- Don’t be stingy about free licenses
- Put it up on Version Tracker, MacUpdate.
- Blogs helped
- Google add words (waste of money)
- Press releases good
- Apple’s download site
From podcast “Mac Software Business: MacSB (008): Becoming a Micro-ISV” which is an interview with Bob Walsh
- You have to work on something you’d like to work on for the next three years
- You may not be an expert in the area but remember you’ll be working with
people in the area so you better like those people!
- Blogging is the simplest and most effective way to connect to your market and
even just improve your professional career.