John Kalb, Andrei; Herb Sutter; Phil Nash
Talking about giving a presentation
- Recommending session
- Giving a talk is a performance.
- Andrei: treats each talk as different at different event. Re-does slides
Review of Andrei’s keynote
algorithm needs to make many decision: attributes need to be introspected/reflect. E.g. cost of comparison; cost of move; etc
- metaclasses are an example of this (Herb Sutter).
- “Modules help with new features? e.g. exceptions”
- “The dawn of a new error” by Phil Nash
- Swift assumes out of memory is not recoverable. “C++ aspires to handle out-of-memory”
- Looking at error handling is a great way to evaluate a language
is a fundamental building block just like